If you cook, you’re probably familiar with Rosemary. It’s an aromatic herb that is used regularly in our cooking routines with meats and vegetables. I sure took it for granted! There it was right in front of me my entire life.
Boost Your Mood and Memory with Rosemary
I had no idea that Rosemary had such wonderful attributes that positively affect the human senses in more ways than simply taste. Here is some interesting information I’ve curated on the subject of Rosemary as a supplement for overall mood stabilization:
- Researchers Mark Moss and Lorraine Oliver proved that both mental speed and accuracy were improved with the use of Rosemary oil vapors.
- In a clinical trial conducted by Hay et al (1998), it was found that stimulants for hair growth are present.
- “Without a properly functioning circulatory system, one is not mentally sharp. One of the primary reasons why cognitive abilities decline with age is because of reduced blood flow to the brain. It appears that both rosemary and thyme may be viable, dietary tools in combating this unwanted occurrence.” VIA Healthy Fellow
- To inhale the scent of this plant lowers cortisol levels and activates a relaxation response. This enables our bodies’ functions to return to normal after a stressful event and elevates our mood. VIA Underground Health Reporter
The Rosemary Benefits
The nicest health benefits include the following attributes:
- It boosts memory
- Improves mood
- Reduces inflammation
- Relieves pain
- Protects the immune system
- Stimulates circulation
- Detoxifies the body
- Protects the body from bacterial infections
- Prevents premature aging
- Heals skin conditions
Grow your own Rosemary
It is easy to grow this plant from a starter. Use a container with a drainage hole as Rosemary roots will rot in soil that is not drained well. This plant is difficult to grow from seed, but if you want to grow it from seed, here is an article to help you. How to grow your own from seed.
Or, you can order (or make your own) Rosemary essential oil and aromatherapy for your personal use as a healthy way to avoid costly and damaging pharmaceuticals on your journey to relieve stress, anxiety, and depression.
Essential Oil from dōTERRA
This plant is a small and aromatic evergreen bush with pale blue flowers, and it produces an oil with a woodsy, pungent scent, reminiscent of pine. It’s been known to support you in reducing stress and may help improve respiratory conditions. Our organic oil is sourced from the fresh flowering tops of the plant. VIA DōTerra Essential Oils
Join me on my latest discovery of my journey through PTSS with the use of Rosemary as an herbal antidote to stress, anxiety, and depression. How do you use Rosemary in your life? I would love to hear from you in the comments below.