Yellow has been one of my favorite colors for most of my life. I’m attracted to it because of its brightness and it always cheers me up. When I wear yellow, it totally lifts my spirits and makes my day easier. For the purposes of this research, the color most closely associated with the Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura is yellow.
It’s no surprise that yellow is the most luminous of all the colors of the spectrum. From a positive perspective, it brings enlightenment, creativity, and, optimism. Yellow is also a color that promotes abundance, courage, and self-confidence. But, from another perspective, it might bring out the betrayal, cowardice, egoism, and insane anger in a person if their life is out of balance.
What’s more, the color Yellow traditionally and throughout the ages stands for intellect and wisdom. Keeping this chakra in balance gives you assistance with communication, concentration, logic, and will-power.
However, beware of the darker, unbalanced sides of yellow that might bring out betrayal, cowardice, egoism, and insane anger. Of course, keeping your chakras in balance and in alignment helps to avoid these darker qualities in ourselves.
I also find it very interesting that both the yellow sun and yellow gold shared the qualities of being imperishable, eternal, and indestructible. All this combines to make yellow a highly empowering color!
Solar Plexus Chakra • Yellow
3rd Chakra • Manipura • Solar Plexus Chakra
The Solar Plexus Chakra is symbolized by a circle with 10 petals in which is inscribed a downward-pointing triangle.
This is an energy center that provides momentum to realize your goals and ambitions in your lifetime. As a result, it affects your development of warrior energy and is the drive that helps you to stay the course to success.
The Solar Plexus Chakra or Manipura is the center of inventiveness, perseverance, self-control, resolution, and realization of accomplishment (Itcha shakti).
You may also know it as Manipura, which is the Sanskrit name for the Solar Plexus Chakra. In Sanskrit, Manipura means City of Jewels.
Body Location • Chakra Position
This Chakra is located in the solar plexus area of the upper part of your belly right where the diaphragm rests or “behind the navel”. Additionally, in the traditional system, this Chakra is the third from the bottom so is referred to as the third chakra.
Mantra to Open and Align
The mantra sound for the third chakra is RAM. Chanting this sound will help to open and align the chakra.
- Close your eyes, place your hand over the area slightly above your belly button.
- Bring to mind the problem or dilemma.
- Notice how your third chakra feels when you give it choices regarding the subject you’re struggling with. A sinking or nauseated feeling may tell you that the decision is wrong.
- If you present your solar plexus with the right choice, you may feel lightness in the area or you may even feel like you can breathe easier.VIA The Chopra Center
7 Chakras Healing Music • Tibetan Singing Bowl Edition
I hope you enjoy this video as much as I do. Please note that I have no rights over this video and it is for information and educational purposes only.
The Minerals 💎
The color of this chakra is yellow or gold, so any precious gem or crystal in shades of yellow help open up the solar plexus area to bring healing energy to the liver, pancreas, spleen, and stomach areas.
My favorite third chakra healing stones are Citrine, Tiger’s Eye, Yellow Tourmaline, and the Yellow Topaz.
The Essential Oils 💦
Amber, Bergamot, Cedarwood, or Frankincense are good suggestions to begin your search for the right essential oil for your chakra healing experience. Use your essential oils to create an ambiance in your space that cleanses and enhances your chakras.
- Ingest to support healthy cellular function
- Aroma promotes feelings of relaxation
- Reduces the appearance of skin imperfections when applied topically
- Supports healthy immune, nervous, and digestive function when taken internally.
Other Posts in the Chakras Series:
- 1st Chakra • Base Chakra • The Muladhara • Red Symbolic Color
- 2nd Chakra • Orange Color of Spirituality • Sacral Chakra • Swadhisthana
- 3rd Chakra • Solar Plexus • Manipura • Yellow Symbolic Color
- 4th Chakra • Green Color of Spirituality • Heart Chakra • Meditation Music
- 5th Chakra • Blue Color of Spirituality • Throat Chakra • Visuddha
- 6th Chakra • Indigo Symbolic Color of Spirituality • Third Eye Chakra • Anja
- 7th Chakra • Purple Color of Spirituality • Crown Chakra • Sahasrara
- 7 Chakras • Colors • Minerals • Chants